Thursday, December 29, 2005

Comcast Disappoints

We just concluded our Comcast digital cable promotion. They had a difficult time getting the billing correct. Fortunately, when I booked the order online, I took screenshots of the conversation I had with the Comcast sales agent. Thus, I had proof that the promotion was promised to me for $39.99. Even so, it took far too many calls to Comcast to get the billing resolved. Several times, my phone call was dropped after I was put on hold for a long time. Finally, I got through to someone who actually picked up the phone, but they told me I had to FAX the proof that I was promised that price promotion. (Don't these guys have email?!) Then the call center agent said he'd pick up the FAX after work and he'd show it to his boss to decide how to resolve it at that time. I had to hang up without knowing if the situation was going to be resolved. Then I get a threatening notice from Comcast that they're going to disconnet my service because I wasn't paying the balance of the amount they mistakenly billed me. I had to call back yet again to talk to someone to review the "file" they had on me. At last, this agent confirmed that they had accepted my claim of being wrongly billed, but they couldn't credit me until the next month. Doh!

Because I was so frustrated with the way Comcast treated its customers, I decided that I would stay on with the most basic digital TV offering -- even though the agent tried several times to sell me the "silver" package. My plan is to get HD content coverage for the time being while I research satellite providers... The experience with Comcast was so bad, I'd be willing to pay more to someone else simply so I can avoid giving Comcast any business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home